Twomey Family Remorial is a Non-Profit Registered Charity Not Having A Share Capital.
The main object for which the Body is established is to remember Con, Baba Oisin & Baby Elber-Marie Twomey whom we lost tragically and to promote the reality of how precious life is. We foster road safety awareness and actively encourage positive mental health.
Twomey Family Remorial is based in Meelin & Rockchapel, Duhallow, North Cork. Our organisation holds many events to raise funds for other charities which in promoting the preciousness of life are fitting with our aim.
At our events we encourage and promote road safety through speaking about same as well as the distribution of high visibility vests and arm bands. We actively promote positive mental health through the distribution of the Green Ribbon and having leaflets/helpline numbers on display for people.
Charities Regulator and Charities Governance Code
• Twomey Family Remorial is registered with the Charities Regulator (registered charity no. 20142384) and meets the Regulator’s annual reporting and other requirements.
• Twomey Family Remorial is committed to adopting the Charities Governance Code to ensure the effective management and control of our charity. Twomey Family Remorial has adopted the journey to compliance to ensure full accountability and transparency for the charity going into the future.
• Twomey Family Remorial is committed to best practice in fundraising and is fully committed to achieving the standards contained within the Charities Regulator’s Guidance for Charitable Organisations on Fundraising from the Public (the ‘Guidelines’). The Guidelines exist to improve fundraising practice; promote high levels of accountability and transparency by organisations fundraising from the public; provide clarity and assurances to donor and prospective donors about the organisations they support.
We, the committee of Twomey Family Remorial, have considered the guidelines and believe we meet the standards it sets out.
Twomey Family Remorial is registered with
• Irish Charities Regulatory Authority (registered charity RCN no. 20142384) https://www.charitiesregulator.ie/en
• Revenue Tax Exemption CHY 21491
Standards in Fundraising Practice
Twomey Family Remorial is committed to best practice in Fundraising and is signed up to the Guidelines for Charitable Organisations on Fundraising from the Public (the ‘Guidelines’). To learn more of our commitment, click here –
• Public Compliance Statement
• Donor Charter
Twomey Family Remorial Accounts & Financial Statements
We prepare an annual report and financial statements in full compliance with the Charity SORP (Standard of Reporting Practice under FRS102). These are available to view below:
• Financial Statements for year ended 30th Sept 2019
• Financial Statements for year ended 30th Sept 2018